Dylan graduated from Brunswick High School on June 5, 2009. I am so proud of him and this accomplishment. This has not been easy for him, but he made the best of a new situation. Dylan was looking forward to starting his sophomore year at Roy High with me. However, it was not to be. For as most of you know, we moved to Maine shortly after school finished. Dylan faced the daunting idea that he would start a new school knowing no one. Lucky for us, however, I was able to get another teaching job, and at the same school Dylan would be attending. So when many students were beginning their year with kids they have known their entire life, Dylan began 10th grade in a new school knowing no one but his mother.
After three years, I am proud to say that he made many new friends and was voted "Most Friendly" by his high school peers. I am so grateful that Dylan's good friends shared the same values.
I was honored to stand as a teacher as he entered the graduation ceremony and walked through the teachers honoring the students. Yes, I did take a quick picture, and yes, it did not turn out to well. Way to go Dylan! You have proven you have great strength and courage. The future is yours for the taking!
5 years ago


.gif)




3 comments:
Yay Dill Pickle! I wonder if he remembers that I used to call him that when he was little. He was the sweetest little kid.
Hey I'm just getting everyone's blog sites updated and on mine. Hmm - it's been awhile since you've posted. I want to hear more!!! :) Love you guys. Congrats to Dylan!!!
Love Leah
I am with Leah, I want more postings! Oh, Dylan is so cute, I want to squeeze him ;) Love Liz
Post a Comment