How could I not talk about school? I officially began my 19th year of teaching. Wow!!! Has it really been that long? My life has truly been enriched with all the young lives that have sat in my classroom listening to me ramble about who knows what. I have always hoped that in some small way I have had the same impact on them that they have had on me. Yes, the youth of the world are tremendous!
My FAMILY has been so patient, kind and generous through the years because they know that when school starts, I am a mother to hundreds. One of the greatest gifts we can give to our children is patience, love, and understanding. Fortunately for me, I was the receiver of these gifts from my own wonderful parents, and so I wish that everyone could feel that peace and security. I must also recognize my colleagues who know too well the joys, heartaches, and frustrations of trying to inspire kids to be excited about learning. I have also been blessed with the friendhip and support of these colleagues. Well, enough philosophy!!
FYI - I spent 11 years teaching at T.H.Bell Junior High School. I moved to Roy High School and spent five years there. With a heavy heart and tremendous sadness I left Roy for a new adventure. I am know beginning my third year at Brunswick High School in Brunswick, Maine. Are kids different on the otherside of the United States? All I have to say is Kids are kids!!! I have had the distinct pleasure of being in the same school as my three older boys, and hopefully the last two as well. While this for the most part has been a positive thing, sometimes it was a little challenging, not only for the kids, but for me as well.
However, I wouldn't change a thing. Not many mothers get the opportunity to know their children's friends as well as I have. I am so proud of Dylan, Jamie and Kaleb. Moving to a new state was not an easy thing to do, but they have done marvelously well, and they try to set examples for those around them. Brunswick is a school of about 1,200 students. The teaching style was significantly different here. Talk about a culture shock, but I think I have adjusted. The school was built about 10 years ago, and is a very nice facility. Durham Elementary School is a small rural school of about 300 hundred kids in grades K-8. The school is a little old, but they are in the process of building a new one.
Yes, Jamie has hated the thought of being at an elementary, but technically she is in middle school until she joins me at the high school next year. Sorry if I have gotten a little long-winded, but teaching is such a joy for me. 

5 years ago


.gif)




1 comments:
Woo-hoo! I found you!!!! I checked my sitemeter and there was a link to here!
I am SO excited you have a blog! Now you just better keep it updated! And I did not see even ONE photo of YOU!!! You better post some soon, or I will dig deep in my albums and post them for you on my blog!!! lol
I have been reading and reading and I am so impressed with how adventureous you all are! I love the lighthouses! Your family has all grown up...holy cow, I was shocked to see your cute little Jase is already TWO! In my mind I was still thinking he was a baby. Wow how time flies! I bet you miss him terribly. I think about you often and your mom. How is she doing??? Don't you just love the internet and how it can keep families so connected! I wish there would have been blogs when we lived in St. Louis. Oh and speaking of that I was telling the story the other day of how when you came and visited us there we got lost in East St. Louis. Do you remember that??? Good times!
Get busy posting MORE pix! I want to see it all! Your house is soooooo beautiful! And the country and ocean.....oh! I love it!! I better stop....as you can tell from my blog I am a little verbose!!!!
Post a Comment