I need a favor from those of you reading this. Take a minute and let me know if there is something you want to know, I would appreciate any direction you can give me. I think I have covered lots, but then what is so common to some isn't to others. Help me out! Todays entry is a reflection of Jake and I. Driving(Riding) has always been something that Jake and I have enjoyed. We have tortured and tormented the kids as we have driven to various places. Some of our better drives before driving across the country was a 48 hour drive to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. The same for a trip to the Grand Canyon, and a 6 day tour through Vegas, San Diego, Phoenix, and finally home in December. Believe it or not, I didn't take pictures of the state signs for those trips. However, I finally wised up as we have traveled across the country several times. Maine is about 2,500 miles from Utah. All trips have taken days. Some trips up to four and others a day and a half.(Our record is about 38 hours. Yes, that is with bathroom breaks and gas stops only.) We go through about 9 or 1o states from Utah to reach our home in Maine. As you know each state has their own unique signs. Here a few of the states and their signs. Wouldn't you know it! I don't have a sign for Utah. It is not like I haven't seen that a few hundred times in my life, and many of yours.
Wyoming Sign(One I am sure you have all seen many times!)

Nebraska
Iowa Sign

Illinois

Indiana
Ohio
Pennsylvania
New York(Sorry, it was getting dark.)
Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Maine(Yippee! Only about 80 miles to go!)



.gif)




2 comments:
What should you post about? I ask myself that all the time I feel like I never have anything to post about! But really you guys do so many fun things and go on so many adventures you have so much to post about! And Kaleb is hilarous with the things he says and does you can post about that. I check your blog everyday! So just keep posting becasue I love it!
We miss you so much and can't wait till we get to see you again!!
Oh those long drives are such killers! And I'm just thinking of St. Louis to Utah!
I personally would love to see and hear more about the lighthouses...surprise- surprise!!!! I know there are so many beautiful ones there. And it would be fun to see what things are different over there....like food things etc. Actually ANYTHING and EVERYTHING would be interesting to me!!!!!
Post a Comment