Saturday, October 11, 2008

Leaves(Ugh!) and Lumberjack Jake

I have come to the grand conclusion that fallen leaves are not as romantic as I once thought they were. On the trees they are divine(New England Autumns are spectacular), but once they have fallen, UGH! I think that we have raked more leaves in the past three years than my first 40 years. The one bright spot is playing in them when we take the time! However, I usually just want to get it done and playing in them is for another day. We learned the hard way last year that you cannot let them build up, or the leaves become a mashed0-together wet mess when it rains, and since it rains frequently around here, get them raked. Then the raking really becomes laborious and all the fun is lost.


This is just the beginning. We will get this many leaves probably three or four times. If you could see the trees, you would notice that most of the leaves are still there. This year we have had an abundance of acorns. Oh my gosh! It makes raking even more fun!

Of course! I am always dressed in the appropriate attire for raking leaves. It was a beautiful Autumn day though. Somewhere around 70. Jake is coming to the rescue though, but I am not sure if his solution is the right one. Cut the trees Down! He really is just cutting the trees down, so we don't have so many that could damage the house. I just hope he doesn't damage himself in the process.

Most of them have fallen pretty well, but this one got stuck in all the other trees that are just out of sight of the picture. Jake did get it down though. One interesting note! Where? Oh where do you think his help is? Where they usually are? Enjoying the view!

Wish us luck!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Yea! Finally a pix of you!!! Post more! I can't even imagine having to rake that many leaves! HOLY COW! I think cutting down the trees is just the preventive action you need! lol