Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Wow! As each year comes and goes, I am mystified by the quickness that the year begins and ends. However, I hope I can say another year gone another year wiser!? There is so much to learn and enjoy.


This year has been a great year for us! We are fortunate to have jobs and security for the moment, but we never take this for granted because all could change in an instant. Life is full of change and challenge. Learning and appreciating these changes and challenges make life an experience to embrace. Some are definitely more difficult than others.
The highlight of our year was having our family together. Even though it was just for a week, it was a wonderful week. How grateful I am for those moments because I never thought I would be this far from family and friends.

Thank you to all of you for your love and support. Your blogs, e-mails, phone calls, comments(which I wish more of you would make), etc. keep me up-to-date and current on everyone, and I never feel too far away. Although we live in chaotic times, we are blessed with so many advantages as well. My mother may be 2500 miles away, but I can punch a few buttons and there is her beautiful face on the other side of a computer, or I can watch my grandson open his Christmas presents and share in his joy. Besides if I am ever needed, I can jump on a plane and be there in a day.


Here are a few pictures from our New Years events. As the kids have gotten older, they are less willing to participate in all the frivolities. They can tarnish their reputation. For the past I don't know how many years, we go to the grocery store and the kids can pick whatever they want to eat for New Year's Eve. You wouldn't think they would get too excited, but they don't let you forget. Everyone was toooooooo embarassed to let me take a picture except Kaleb. Thank Heaven for eight year olds.

Maine's lobster industry has had a tough year, so Jake and I thought we would support the local economy. HeHe. We have eaten more seafood since we moved here than we ever have. You can't beat fresh. Whenever you come to visit, we will go to the Harrassakeet Clam Shack, or the Clambake. WOW!!!!

At midnight, we all grab pots and pans and head outside to ring????? in the new year. This year Kaleb was the only taker. You think he is a bit excited, or maybe just a bit cold.

Apparently, it is really cool to listen to the vibrations between your ears.

This is as far as Dylan, Jamie and her friend Felicia would go. Sorry for the blurry picture, but when you see the thermometer next, you will understand. In Dylan's defense, he did come outside for a moment. We live in the country, who would have seen or heard them??????

I hope you can read our thermometer. The thermometer sits right outside our kitchen window. This is the temperature at 9:00 A.M. I am sure it was colder at night. The winds are blowing quite nicely, so add a wind chill factor and it is about -25. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

It is with satisfaction that 2008 ends. It was an interesting year, but it was great for us. I truly wish each of you a marvelous, stupdendous and absolutely fantastic 2009!!!! DON'T FORGET THAT OUR DOOR IS OPEN!!!!! WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU HERE!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Well since I am not a seafood fan or a bitter ridiculously cold fan, I am not too jealous! I am however envious of the choose anything you want to eat for New Year's Eve! It always used to be seafood !!! Yippee this year we had steak!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! Try not to freeze!

cheloni said...

wish i was there to enjoy lobster with you!!

i wish i could say im not suprised kaleb went out into the cold to bang a pot and pan but im not. i saw him jump in the freezing ocean to swim while it was raining.

glad you had a fun new year!