Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Shipwreck! Aargh!


As I sail through life I have developed many romantic notions about living. I have come to believe that romance is just another synonym for mystery. For many times, once the intrigue is removed, the romance sails into the sunset, and the knowledge gained is that curse which sets the ship on a neverending journey. (I hope you can bear with my cliche analogy, but I couldn't resist.). A shipwreck sends my mind spinning. The long lost love returning home, but a storm prevents his return, and his true love wanders the shore forever looking for him.

I must know the answer. Curiosity begins to take over, and soon I have googled an answer, for I cannot bear the thought of lost love. What a disappointment to find the truth!

A good mystery with a little love mixed in always sparks my imagination. Finding the broken and shattered remains of an old ship on a beach in Maine sent my mind on a talespin. I am and will be forever fascinated with this shipwreck. Now, I could spoil the tale and give you the knowledge, but I would rather you have the same romantic notions I have created, especially if they concern a young man's desperate tale of adventure to return to his true love. I might even share it with you if you ever make it my way.




No, I will not tell you what beach because then you could google it too!





2 comments:

April Sky said...

Now that's a cute side of Aunt Shawna I've never seen.

April Sky said...

Uh oh it may be Shauna. yes...that looks better. I think it's spelled that way. You didn't generally wear a name tag to family get togethers, so cut me just a little slack k? :)