Alive or Dead, I LOVE Fish. This may sound a bit odd, but fish are fantastic. I must admit that I am not a big fan of actually touching a live fish, but I do love watching them. I did touch the rays and sharks. I thought they would feel the same, but I was surprised by the slimy feel of the sharks compared to the rubbery texture of the rays. Kaleb is the fellow in black.
Good seafood is a favorite. I have eaten most kinds of fish. The raw oysters were rather interesting, but as long as you didn't chew too long, they were actually pretty tasty. I do prefer salt water fish to fresh water fish though. For some reason, fresh water fish have such strong "fishy" tastes. I know there are some fish I haven't tried, but give me time
.I could spend hours watching fish, especially at aquariums. Dylan, Jamie, Kaleb and I had the good fortune of going to the Atlanta Aquarium. It was spectacular. Now, nothing outdoes Sea World, but this was pretty good. Of course, the kids got bored long before I did.
Dylan is the person with the blue plaid hoodie. A simulated river stands above him. To put it into perspective, you have to remember that Dylan is 6'7' tall. The flash takes away from the scenery, but without the flash it is difficult to truly get an idea of how large the displays were.
Keep in mind as you look at this picture that the large fish in the water is probably about 50 to 60 feet in length(His relfection is what you see on the top of him.), and there were four of them in this tank along with thousands of other fish.
So, if anyone is bored and wants to sit for hours mesmerized by the beauty of the fish. Let me know. I am always up for a good aquarium.


.gif)




2 comments:
WOW. So great! This makes me want to visit the aquarium in Houston with my kids. Though I am terrified of water and that tunnel may give me a panic attack :) I wish I liked eating fish.
Oh man, I can see I really NEED to come and visit you! I know I would love it there! Well...not in the winter BUT in the summer!!!! I can't believe Dylan is 6'7" Holy cow!!!! What do you feed him?
Post a Comment