Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well another year has come and gone. Carrying on traditions that you have celebrated as an extended family can be quite challenging when you are down to five. We have tried, but things are never quite the same. On Christmas Eve, we had the traditional clam chowder and chicken noodle soup, but alas no oyster stew or spahettios. Next year I will get the spahettios, but I have no idea how to make oyster stew. We missed the recitation of Carol's "Ode to Oyster Stew," and Bob's "Rebuttal," but we are sure the poems were read. If anyone taped them, send them our way. I would really love to have them for posterity especially Kaleb. I would be happy with even a written copy of the poems. We could even try to recite them. I should have taken a few pictures, but I didn't think, and I knew I would get in trouble for using my Christmas present too early. Next Year????!!!!!

The rest of the night was quiet. We are used to lots of noise and confusion. This is quite an adjustment. Finally, it was time for bed, and the excitement of Christmas morning. At 6:00 A.M. , Jamie burst into our room and turned on the light. She couldn't take it any longer. At least it was an hour more than we used to get. I opened my present first(like on Saturday, December 20. I had to figure out how to use it.).



Jame and Dylan finally got their phones. Jake and I have been holding out as long as possible. Thank heaven Dylan is such a patient and understanding young man.




Kaleb was a bit surprised to get this gun because we didn't even have a system to use it with.

However that all changed very quickly!



By the time we were done, this is what Jake and I looked like. You don't think I am crazy enough to put a picture of myself zonked out like this. Besides Jake is sooooooo much more handsome.




Christmas Day was as quiet as Christmas Eve. We played games, and had dinner, but we missed all the love and excitement of family. We missed the prime rib and the story about the man with his bag. We did get to watch Jase open his presents with the webcam, and talk with Josh, Che, Zach, and Carly. The age of technology brings a little of that excitement into our home. I hope that all of you had a very Merry Christmas.










3 comments:

April Sky said...

I'll post Oyester Stew on the Jeppson blog. I forgot to read it Christmas Eve, so my mom recited it and the rebuttal over skype. We have web cams so we could see her.

Thanks so much for the christmas card. I saved your address so that I can send one to you next year.

Anonymous said...

Shauna, we missed you guys so much. Christmas Eve was the quietest we've ever had. It was wonderful, but we missed all of you! I love your blog posts. Keppe them up!
Love, Liz

Jodi said...

The pix are GREAT! Esp of Jake!!!
How cool that you got to watch your grandson on a webcam! We are so lucky to be alive now aren't we!!! And to see your sweet Mom's face! Can you hear her voice too? Looks like you had a FANTASTIC Christmas! I have been such a blog slacker lately but I am going to REPENT!