Weather is a strange and fascinating thing. Most of the time it is pleasant and nice: a few snowflakes here, a raindrop or two there. Sunshine abounds. There are those times though when Mother Nature is just outright angry (maybe playful), I guess. Yesterday was one of those days. Apparently if I were a true "Mainer," I would already have experienced these kinds of storms which were common years ago. I, however, come from the desert. At least, I didn't realize it until we moved here. I only remember it snowing like this once in Utah about 18 years ago. It was my only snow day in a 16 year teaching career in Weber County. This is the second snow day this year! I am highly amused that I have to go to school tomorow. One day this week and it just happens to be a Tuesday.
Living in a nice, comforting home, I can appreciate with awe and amazement anything Mother Nature does. When the snow began to fall, we were at church. With about an hour of church left, the branch president dismissed church and urged everyone to hurry home. On a normal day it is a 25 minute drive. Needless to say, it took us a bit longer yesterday. ( I keep hoping we will change times, but 9:00 is our time every Sunday. That's what I get for being so spoiled!!!!)
We did arrive home safely, and watched as the snow kept falling. We couldn't believe the snow attached to the windows, and it just kept falling.
Kaleb wanted in on the picture taking, so I told him to stand real still because I wasn't using a flash and it would take a second. Obviously it was a little difficult for him, but the rest of the picture is in focus.
Outside the storm rages, while I am tucked in my warm and comfy home.
What a cushy pillow that would be if only it wasn't sooooo cold!
The snow was packed in the wheels of the four-wheeler. When Jake had finished, there was so much snow that the plow got stuck in the up position. Thank heaven the cable wasn't broken because I think we will be needing it a little.
This will make for a dandy white Christmas. It really doesn't get much better unless you are with family.


.gif)




2 comments:
Brrrrrr - does that look cold! We've been having 3 days of rain, then a few days of clouds and it's started raining again tonight - Monday b 4 xmas.
Isn't it wonderful to be snug and cozy in a warm house!?!
Great photos! Hope you Maine Jeppsons have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Love, Aunt Robin & Uncle Jim
Wow...I LOVE all these photos and seeing your world! 16 inches??? That is amazing! I love snow but I could live without the temps!
Post a Comment