Jake and I have never been too fond of video games. We did buy a game system some 27 years ago, and Jake enjoyed playing Mario's world. He was a little obsessed with it, but after he beat the game, he was done with video games.
We have thoroughly despised the games believing them to be an absolute waste of time, and so what do our boys do. You guessed it. Being part of the technology generation, they love them. We bought only the one game system, and ever since then if the boys wanted a game system, they bought it. Well, Dylan got him a little job at Shaw's, and saved the money and bought an Xbox 360. Games have come a long way in 27 years. Jake has finally relented and plays them every now and then. I am really bad, so I don't play often, but I did a pretty good job with MarioKart. I was quite amused tonight, as Dylan donned his headphones and began to play. Low and behold, Josh and Zach were on as well. It is amazing that they can actually talk to each other as they play. Jake decided he wasn't going to miss out on the fun, so he joined them. I couldn't resist.
Dylan and Jake are in Maine playing Zach and Josh in Utah. Unfortunately for Kaleb they could only have four players, so as usual he was stuck watching. He is a pretty good sport about it.
All I can say is HAPPY PLAYING!!







.gif)




4 comments:
ha ha i know exactly what you mean!! i am so not a video game person!!
glad to see that dad got in on the fun with the boys though. it makes me laugh when they are all playing together they act like little kids! you should hear them fight!
josh totally loves it!! and jase sits and tries to say hi to zach and dylan.
Hey we just got an XBOX 360 for an early christmas present. Nick will probably be playing with these boys soon. Also, I tried to send you guys a graduation announcement but it came back to me saying that the street on the address didn't exist. I guess I had the wrong address. Sorry:( I could try to resend it if you want me to. What's your REAL address?
You're good at Mario Cart? Not me! My boys still talk about the time I played it and how I was driving all backwards and off the road. IT's a big joke at our house. I am video game RETARDED!!!!
I think that is cute.
Post a Comment