As the "hustle and bustle" of Christmas is upon us, make sure to take the time to remember the things that really matter. When you feel the pressure of all your responsiblities bearing down upon you, take a load off your mind and REMEMBER what matters most. I often get so bogged with the things I have to do that I fail to notice those simple little things that bring and brought me such genuine joy. As I was looking through my pictures trying so desperately trying to figure out what I could blog, I found these simple but joyous pictures. I realized that THESE GUYS are the reasons I do what I do and the ones who matter most. NO, it doesn't matter that his face is a mess, or the water is freezing and its raining, or that he could catch a cold, or that she loves to pout especially when she doesn't get her way, they are the ones who truly bring me happiness. The way they can find joy in such simple things like a buoy, or a kiss from their father. Their mischievious streak that pushes you to the brink of insanity. The frustration of taking a picture when everyone but ONE seems to be playing their part, or that everyone ends up in your bedroom because the house you are sleeping in just has to be haunted. These are the things that will remain with us forever.
Driving to and from who knows where, I was listening to John Tesch's radio program. The Christmas music was beautiful, but what he said really struck home. "As you are searching for the perfect gift, remember that the newness of that sweater will wane, and the grandness of that Porsche will disappear, but the memories we make will last forever. That vacation in a broken down van with lots of joy and laughter will remain forever." The excitement of hearing the "Ode to Oyster Stew" and "The Rebuttal" will bring a smile to your face each holiday season. The story of the man with his bag of Christmas things will be remembered when you see a candy cane, a wreath, or a star, so while you are running here and there, take the time to create those memories that will last a lifetime and beyond.
Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to create memories with me. I will be forever blessed by all the wonderful memories that I have. May you have a Merry Christmas, and in the words of Jon Bon Jovi, "Ya wanna make a memory."


.gif)




2 comments:
Shauna, thanks for the reminder! I have been so behind this year that I am getting soooooo frustrated due to the pressure of trying to get it all done, when in reality the only thing that matters is making good memories. This was such a great post! Love it! I love the slide show too!
so true! i needed this reminder! with being so busy with work and trying to get christmas done it is just what i need to do slow down and "see" what is important. jase is at such a fun age and is enjoying the holidays so much. it make me giggle when he gets excited over such simple things like the lights on our tree and other things i take for granted!
Post a Comment