TAG: Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
My daughter-in-law, Cheloni tagged me with this Christmas post. Since I am getting much better at doing things like this, I am willing to meet the challenge. Here goes!!!! Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Here is what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Send this to a whole bunch of people you know......'tis the season to be NICE!

1. wrapping paper or gift bags? definitely WRAPPING! Besides your birthday what other time of year do you get to open soooooo many presents.
2. real tree or artificial? Artificial. I would love a real tree, but Jake is afraid the house will burn down. Now that we live in Maine, we are apparently the odd men out for having a fake tree. I guess you are supposed to cut your own!!!!
3. when do you put up the tree? During Thanksgiving break. If it doesn't go up then, it may not get done.

4. when do you take the tree down? During Christmas break. If it doesn't come down then, who knows when it will get done!!!!
5. do you like eggnog? yes! However, every time I go to get some, it seems to have disappeared. It guess everyone around here likes eggnog!
6. favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm! Do I have to pick one? There are so many. I would probably have to say Chatty Kathy(fits me doesn't it. I hope I didn't get this for my birthday. When you are as old as I am, everything blends together.) She was my favorite doll for a long time. My mom gave her to me a while back, and Jake sent it to the dumps. Jake just isn't as sentimental as I am. Yes, he was in the doghouse for a while!!!!!
7. do you have a nativity scene? Of course. Jake's parents gave each of his family a nativity set about 20 years ago. Ours is still in great shape!
8. hardest person to buy for? Parents. They always seem to have everything, and I am so busy worrying about myself, I never take the time to listen.

div>9. easiest person to buy for? My kids! I only wish I had more money to spend.
10. mail or email christmas cards? Mail. However, I must admit that until we moved I had never sent Christmas cards, but now I look forwarding to sending them, but even more important I look forward to receiving them.
11. worst christmas gift you ever received? One waffle stomper! For you younglings out there, they were equivalent to Uggs back in the 70's. My parents thought it would be oh so hilarious to give me only one. Needless to say I was devastated. However, I do remember getting the other one later in the day. Someone needs to make sure and ask my brother, Bruce about his worst Christmas present. It would probably be the doll he got!!! (You will have to ask him "why."
12. favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas. If only we could have that same spirit and see the beauty of others.
13. when do you start shopping for christmas? I usually do everything at the last minute. That is when we have the money!
14. have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No!

15. favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cathedral cookies. I love the german chocolate and the colored marshmallows.
16. clear lights or colored on the tree ? Color.
17. favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Shoes by Newsong. This always brings tears to my eyes.
18. travel at Christmas or stay home? For the first 26 years we traveled to each parent's house. However, last year and unfortunately I do believe that this year we will be home. Don't forget how much I love all of you1!!!
19. can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? DUH!! Only if I get to sing the song though.
20. angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. open the presents Christmas eve or morning? We have always spent Christmas Eve at the Jeppsons and opened presents. On Christmas, we open presents at the Andersens. When all of us Jeppsons were much younger(and dumber) we would get up early and go to Jeppsons to open presents. The best Christmas morning had to be the year, Jake's sister, Susie made rubber band guns for everyone. What a hoot! We had a great time shooting each other with the guns.
22. most annoying thing about this time of year? rude people in stores, expect to wait it line (This is Che's line, but I agree 100%.) I can't do Black Friday because people turn into animals and forget the real purpose of Christmas. I am a wimp!
23. favorite ornament theme or color? I love color! I would probably pick red though. My mom's tree was always flocked with red ornaments, and what a beautiful tree it is.
24. favorite for Christmas dinner? grandma's prime rib! its delicious!(I agree with Che! I hope she is talking about my mom???)
25. what do you want for Christmas this year?On the material side: a new dslr camera. On the sentimental side: For next year to be as good to everyone as this year has!!!!!!
26. who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionnaire?? I would love for anyone who reads this to take the time to do this. This was actually quite fun.
May you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
and
May you all remember the purpose of "Christ"mas!!!
2 comments:
I need to do this. It was so fun learning about your traditions and memories. I don't know if I ever had a Chatty Cathy. I got ripped off! I can't believe Jake threw it away....sounds like what my Dad with all my Barbies! Good thing I didn't have any girls or I would be REALLY mad! lol
so glad you played along and did this! it is so fun to read your blog and learn all these fun things about you!
of course its your moms pime rib!
Post a Comment