As we journey through life, we often take the time to reflect. We look over our lives, and we wonder if we should have done this or should have done that. Many times we focus on the negative things that seem to devour us if we let them, but we pull ourselves out of the quagmire and move forward hoping to do better than before.
What often gets lost in the shuffle is the subject of this contest. About thirty years ago, I had the privilege of meeting an energetic, vivacious blond-haired girl. Little did I know the impact she would have in my life. Now, I may not have kept in touch with her the way that I should, but her presence and strength were always a part of me. Through the years we talked, off and on, but life and family required all our energy, and she was given the greater challenges to face with grace, dignity, and fortitude.
As I read her blog today about gratitude, I posted my comment and I will add a link, but I would like her and all of you to know how truly grateful I am for my friend, Jodi. I would strongly encourage you to take the time to read her blog about gratitude. She would love you to post something(No, she won't care if she doesn't know you.). I know that you will feel her strength as well. May you all be as blessed as I with a friend like this. Thanks, Jodi!!!
Her blog: http://www.jodibeacon.blogspot.com/ or just click on Dave and Jodi in my blogroll.
5 years ago


.gif)




2 comments:
friends like her are priceless!
im sure you are both so blessed to have been a part of each others lives!
i have a few very good friends like that in my life. ones who have impacted my life like she has for you, and for that i am truly blessed!
i have read her blog and she in truly inspiring!!
Shauna, you are so kind! I feel the same about you. I always regret that we haven't stayed in touch better through the years, but like you said life takes all of your energy at times! You are the one that has been an inspiration to me!!! I look back at all those fun and crazy college days and wish so bad I could back and re-live some of those "good old days"! What great memories I will always cherish. Thank you for being such a stalwart example to me and for being a true friend. I feel so very blessed to have you as part of my life and SO GRATEFUL that we are back in touch now for good!!!!!!!!!
Sorry so slow in commenting.... life has been crazy and I am just getting around to reading everyone's posts!!!!!
Post a Comment