Thursday, November 6, 2008

Grateful for Fabulous In-Laws!

I thought that since this is the month of November, and others have reminded me that I need to be grateful, I would post a picture every other day or so that are favorites and bring back such wonderful memories.

What does this picture have to do with being grateful for my in-laws? Well, I am grateful for a brother and sister-in-law, who despite the lack of help, and appreciation always planned a fun family trip over UEA(That's what it was called!) and Easter breaks. My older kids are so lucky to have the great memories with their cousins. This picture was taken in Moab probably about 10 years ago. Bob and Susie Wood planned a trip to Moab. They both made numerous calls to all of us to get commitments(not just this time, but EVERY time we did something), and when the vacation arrived, most of us were there for the fun. On this trip, we had all waited so long to commit to Bob that the hotel accomodations he was able to get will be ones that we will remember for decades, and rooms we won't let Bob live down. Thank heavens, he made the reservations. The memories we have will be ones that we think fondly on forever.

This picture is one of those rare moments where you actually press the button at the right time. This is also one of my favorite pictures. It is so awesome to see these kids because they have all grown into fabulous adults. Many with kids of their own. I hope they will express their appreciation to their Aunt and Uncle or Mom and Dad for all the fun.

I want Bob and Susie to know how grateful I am for all the time, energy and frustration they put in to create such long lasting memories. Thanks Bob and Susie!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I LOVE that pix!!! That is cool!

Okay WHO is Bob and Susie???? Do I already have alzheimers???

cheloni said...

josh is so lucky to get to have grown up with his cousins and make such fun memories with them!